Top 10 Reluctant Acts on Turkey and Netherlands Disputes
The increasing tension between the country Netherlands and Turkey has gone to whole new level. Hoping to have calm and sound environment pretty soon, here are the quick top facts.
10) Turkey banned Dutch ambassador to Ankara to return to Turkey.
9) Deputy Turkish Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus announced freeze moment in Ankara and amid an escalating row over Turkish official’s access to the Netherlands.
8) In the contrary, Netherlands refused to allow Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu to visit Rotterdam for a political rally.
7) Dutch stopped Turkey’s Family Affairs Minister Fatma Betul Sayan Kaya from incoming the Turkish Consulate in Rotterdam.
6) The excavating diplomatic row has prompted threats from Turkey to pull out of the EU-Migrant deal.
5) No explanation was given to Cavusoglu from being stopped to enter in Netherlands.
4) After the foreign Minister visit to Rotterdam was blocked, Erdogan acted angrily and compared the Dutch government as Nazis.
3) Dutch Foreign Minister Bert Koenders strongly believed that it is quite impossible for the members of the Turkish government to campaign in Netherlands for the upcoming referendum.
2) The Dutch issued travel advice via Twitter for all Dutch citizens in Turkey to avoid demonstrations and be alert.
1) Cavusoglu stated that they won’t target the Dutch people and won’t harm them in any condition. As it is not their mistakes while Dutch are friends of Turkey for over 400 years.